Sunday 3 April 2016

More Hooky

Sorry for the delay, I had planned to be back sooner but never mind.

I have been wondering about a poncho since seeing the ones by Lucy at Attic 24 but had trouble deciding on which pattern to use. So then I chose some wool on a whim- Patons merino extrafine Aran and started crocheting what I thought would just be a simple pattern. Oh my word how wrong can you get it!!!
So then after unravelling the thing I started again this time using a very simple free pattern found on Ravelry called Groovy Granny Poncho !

Poncho
This is the result.
 I added the tassel and flowers from Lucy's  Home Poncho here. The border is also "off pattern" just some double and single crochet to make it slightly firmer than the triples.  

Poncho
I really love it to sit under on cold evenings and the wool is beauuuutifully soft.
The children have however banned me from wearing it out of the house!!

No comments: