The Baby quilt is finished and will be off on it's way to Germany soon.
Unfortunately it's raining today so the photo is indoors and not great.
Maybe I'll get some more before it goes if the sun comes out because
I forgot to take the back which I really love as it's recycled shirts.
Come on sunshine, help me out!
This is the progress on the pouffe top which I shared in my last post.
I have taken off about 5" from round the edge, appliqued a circle in the centre and
quilted it to a piece of blanket..
It was fairly tough to applique the centre as I had to stitch through four layers hence it's a bit wobbly in parts but despite that I like the way it's turned out so far.
Now I need some fabric for the sides but I haven't got anything in my stash.
I think plain brown or green would be ok but it needs to be tough.
Maybe an old curtain?
Then I will finally be able to get rid of the bags of fabric scraps/rubbish that I have been saving for months now to fill it with!
It's a Japanese pattern book with 26 patterns in it for tops and dresses. I expect most of you know about it as it has been around for a while now, but for those who don't, the patterns are all on paper sheets and need tracing off. This bit is quite confusing, but you definitely get used to it the more you do. The other thing I didn't realise at first is that there is no seam allowance and this needs to be added on to the pattern pieces.
That said, the patterns that I have used so far have been really good.
I suspect it is one of those books that gets better the more you use it.
This pattern was very simple.
I cut a size 12 and it is probably a bit on the big side if anything.
It said you need 2.2m of fabric but I managed with 1.5m of fairly wide linen, and I had plenty.
It is super comfortable to wear.
I'm not sure it needs all the gathers in the back as the linen is quite thick so I might take a bit out but we'll see how it goes.