Monday 21 March 2016

Hooky part one..

 
 
Crochet squares-WIP

I have been having fun with these over the weekend.
The pattern is taken from this month's Making magazine which is a crochet special which I happened upon while doing some completely unrelated shopping and couldn't resist!
 
They are unblocked so look a bit higgledy piggledy.
 

Making magazine and yarn
 
The blanket is called "double bed or sofa blanket" which does not really do it justice. 
The squares are fairly straightforward but offer a great chance to use up some smaller ends of colour and I really like the petals. I went for grey instead of white as a border colour because nothing really stays white in this house for very long and grey is a bit more forgiving.
 
The yarn I used is stylecraft  double knit special.
 
More crochet to share soon... 

No comments: