Monday 17 October 2011

My weekend's sewing..

I have come up with this fellow, and thought I might make some for the christmas fair for the children. He is a bean bag filled with grain and I've done chickens in a similar way in the past and they are very tactile and good for throwing around!!

Bean bag toy


My inspiration came from a picture of a reindeer printed out from the very first blog I ever read,
Molly Chicken.
 Unfortunately the blog has not been added to since january 2010, and I have been back to the archives but can't for the life of me find the link for the reindeer. Her's was a free standing reindeer with a base but I always loved the simplicity of it.
I made this using the same base pattern as for the Smelly Nellies and the Aroma Robbins.
I cut the bag out of old cord trousers and appliqued on the face. The antlers are a double layer of felt zig zagged together to give them some strength.

Bean bag toy

I have also finished another couple or mug rugs using the tree pattern as before here.



No comments: