Friday 21 October 2011

Treasured finds and a peg bag lesson.

Embroidery threads

I love rooting around in charity shops and earlier in the week I found these lovely threads bundled up in a plastic bag for 50p!
I also found the square of cream fabric, cotton or cotton linen mix, I'm not sure.

Embroidery threads

Then there was a bag of these, all meticulously labelled and putting my box of unlabelled, knotted threads to shame.

Zip and poppers

And finally these beauties. Just look at the packet on the zip and the original price of the poppers!
I like to think that whoever they belonged to would be happy to see them recycled and used.
Peg bag

I had a friend over today who bought a sewing machine a while back and needed a few pointers, so we made peg bags because I think they are a good way to start and you end up with something useful.

No comments: