My two little trees have been put together into a mug rug.
First of all I cut two rectangles of the French fabric and put these together with the tree blocks. Then the red edging strips were added. I layered this up with some wadding and a recycled shirt for the back. and hand quilted them all together. Well that's not entirely true, I machine quilted them first, didn't like it, unpicked it, and then hand quilted it!
As you can see they aren't very accurate as one tree is hand sewn and the other one done on the machine. I kind of like a bit of inaccuracy as I think it just adds to the character. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
(The berries are beautiful on the holly at the moment and they always seem to get eaten by the birds if I don't get in quick).
Finally I cut some 1 1/2 inch strips of green fabric to bind the edges..
The tree pattern is found here, and is easy to follow and fun to do. I may need to move on to a forest.