Sunday 13 March 2016

A love of plants

cushion
 
I wanted to make a gift for a special person that I have worked with for over 10 years who is retiring soon. I have a feeling that she will not be keen on a big farewell but it was important for me to mark her going and give her something to show how much I have valued her support and friendship.
Over the years she has been exposed to my handmade things
with the odd lavender bag or scrunchie attached to a card!
We share a love of plants and growing, so that was the inspiration behind this cushion.
 
cushion detail
 
The main fabric is a Kaffe fassett favourite of mine called paperweight.
The others were bits of cotton and  linen from the scrap drawer.
 
Cushion
 
The applique flowers and seeds are cut from felt and the embroidery done using anchor threads.
 
Happy sewing.
x  

No comments: