Saturday 5 March 2016

Wrap skirt

surface art womens wrap skirt
 
I bought this surface art wrap skirt pattern a few months ago now but have only just got around to making it. The pattern came from The Drapery which is a gorgeous fabric shop in Australia whose blog I have followed since it was set up by Jane and Fiona. Their blog is on my list of regulars to visit and is full of inspiration and really useful trials of patterns which they share.
It is another place on my dream world sewing tour!!


I tried to get some outdoor pictures to share but as you can see above, it is a very blustery day again here in Cornwall so I had to move back indoors..

surface art womens wrap skirt
 
The skirt fabric is a navy linen but with some visible binding around the hem using an Amy Butler fabric called Hapi Glow Navy.  

surface art womens wrap skirt
 
The pattern is very simple and easy to follow using a small tie  and a single button at the waist.
No zip or fiddly bits.
 
surface art womens wrap skirt
 
The waist edge has a facing which I matched to the binding, even  though no one else can see it!
 
Happy sewing.
x

No comments: