Monday 13 October 2014

Nursery Rhyme Quilt


 
 
The Baby quilt is finished and will be off on it's way to Germany soon.
Unfortunately it's raining today so the photo is indoors and not great.
Maybe I'll get some more before it goes if the sun comes out because
I forgot to take the back which I really love as it's recycled shirts.
Come on sunshine, help me out!  
 

 
This is the progress on the pouffe top which I shared in my last post.
 
I have taken off about 5" from round the edge, appliqued a circle in the centre and
quilted it to a piece of blanket..



It was fairly tough to applique the centre as I had to stitch through four layers hence it's a bit wobbly in parts but despite that I like the way it's turned out so far.

Now I need some fabric for the sides but I haven't got anything in my stash.
I think plain brown or green would be ok but it needs to be tough.
Maybe an old curtain?

Then I will finally be able to get rid of the bags of fabric scraps/rubbish that I have been saving for months now to fill it with!
 

No comments: