Sunday 28 September 2014

I hate alterations!
Sometimes they can't be avoided though.
 I made a red linen dress some time ago now
and used the same combined pattern that I used for this dress.
 
The two patterns are from the Japanese pattern book "Stylish Dress Book" by Yoshiko Tsukiori.
 I combined the pattern pieces for dress I and dress S, because I wanted the V neck and sleeveless top with and ungathered skirt.
 
Unfortunately, whatever I did the second time was slightly different
and the dress never felt quite right.
 It was just too tight across the top and it sat in the cupboard.
 
The black one has been worn a lot this summer and I love it, so I decided that it was time to grasp the nettle and UNPICK the red bodice.
 
I managed to get another half meter of the linen and set to work.
 


I think it took twice as long as making the dress in the first place but it worked.
Hooray.
 


So now I can enjoy the last of this lovely warm weather in a red dress as well as the black one.

And also I can move on to the dark grey needle cord and royal blue linen that I bought yesterday without feeling guilty!
 


And this is what you get when you ask a thirteen year old boy to please include your feet on the photo of the dress!!!!
 

No comments: