Monday 30 April 2012

Completed Baby Quilt Zoo and a wet weekend.


We had a really wet and windy weekend here. That and a cough meant a weekend indoors. So naturally I did some sewing!
The baby quilt is finished..
Finished baby quilt zoo


The quilting was inspired by this quilt over at Blue Elephant Stitches, but I am glad it was on a smaller scale as it was quite tricky to manhandle the quilt and keep the loops flowing.

Finished baby quilt zoo reverse

I also made another shirt from the same pattern as this one, but in black and am happy to say that this one is ok and won't end up as a cushion!!
I really liked the linen and decided to recycle an old linen skirt to make the red vest top from Butterick B4518.
Two new tops
I particularly like the neck facing detail of red nellies..

Neck facing detail of shirt
The Nelly fabrics came from a trip to Tavistock last week but I'm afraid I don't know the designer.

three gorgeous Nellie fabrics
And finally, despite the continued wind and rain I managed a short gap to photo these beauties in the garden...
Angelica


Angelica

Angelica.

Have a good week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your quilt is so sweet. love that loopy quilting. :)