Sunday 22 April 2012

Baby quilt zoo.

My son's teacher is expecting her first baby and what better excuse to make a baby quilt.
 They are just the right sized project for me.
 Lots of fun to design and make but a manageable size to quilt and finish without it taking months.

As usual I changed my mind a few times.
I bought a piece of bright coloured dinosaurs with a black background initially, but just couldn't get inspired.
Then I found a roughly fat quartered size piece of animal prints that was left over from a previous quilt. I cut it up into the animals as far as I could and added some plains, spots and stripes, and this is the result so far..
Baby quilt top

The weather here is so wet and windy, the outdoor photo shoot will have to wait for the finished quilt.
It would look good by the orange poppies but hopefully will be finished before then!
Hope you had a good weekend.

No comments: