Monday 30 September 2013

My First Washi Dress

Washi Dress
 
It's finished and I love it!
It must be the most comfortable dress I have ever made with the stretchy panel of shirring at the back..
 
Washi Dress
 
And the empire line style..
 
Washi Dress. Pattern by Rae at made-by-rae.com
 
It took less than a day to make from start to finish and that was with shopping, cleaning and taxiing included.
 
The pattern was designed by Rae from made-by-rae , and was a PDF pattern that arrived almost immediately.
I printed out the 36 pages and pieced at all together.
This wasn't as complicated as I thought it might be, and was way outweighed by the fact that it was so instant.
I made it from a linen-cotton mix found at Truro Fabrics.
I am a size 12 and made a 'large' from the pattern, cutting the pocket linings from some batik cotton that was in my stash.
 The pattern said to get 3 yards and I bought 2.5m but there was plenty to spare.
 
All in all I think it is a great pattern
 (no surprises there as there is a huge flickr pool of dresses made from the pattern to see for yourself)
and certainly one that I will be using again....soon.
 
Washi Dress
 
Good with tights too as the weather here is starting to get autumnal.

No comments: