Monday 22 April 2013

Gloves and gardening

I had some leftover bits of yarn from the ripple blanket and wanted to make some fingerless gloves.
I tried a pattern where they were crocheted in the round but I couldn't get them to fit very well.
 Then I went back to the lovely Attic24 and looked at Lucy's idea of two simple rectangles and decided that was more my style.
And here they are..
 
New gloves based on idea by Lucy at Attic 24.

Photos courtesy of the boy as I couldn't work out how else to do it!

New gloves based on idea by Lucy at Attic 24
 
We had a busy gardening weekend here..
 
Broad beans are planted out
 
Broad beans are in.
 
Potatoes are in, better late than never
 
As are the potatoes.
 
Tomatoes and antirrhinum
 
Tomatoes and antirrhinum coming along.
 
Sweet peas are doing ok
 
Sweet peas nearly ready for outside.
 
Magnolia Stellata is a bit weather beaten but still beautiful
 
Magnolia a bit weather beaten but still beautiful.
 
A tub of tulips ready to flower
 
And a pot full of promise!

No comments: