Wednesday 1 February 2012

Circular quilting, a new one on me.

I found this wonderful quilt made with scraps over at  Pippa Patchwork and just loved the circular quilting on it.
 So I put together a few squares for a cushion and had a go...

circular quilting in the log pile

Luckily despite the cold, the sun has been gorgeous today and I got a picture on the wood pile (or what's left of it!) this evening  .
It was such fun to do just chugging round and round, the new machine purring away beautifully. I researched to find a tutorial but couldn't find much, so I attached the walking foot and made it up as I went along.
The back is nearly as nice as the front..

reverse


circular quilting


I also finished another purse/pencil case for a friend ..

purse/pencilcase

It has a cute pocket inside as usual but as you can see the seams are most definitely visible. I tried the concealed seams method first and ended up unpicking it as I have real trouble getting the zips to 'sit' neatly when I do it this way.

The tutorial over here makes it look so easy.

Does anyone have any tips that would help?


inside pocket and visible seams

I am still using my first batch of labels. They are plain name tags printed in red on a white background.

label

Happy sewing.

No comments: