Tuesday 31 January 2012

Liberated Baskets finished at last!

Liberated baskets from book by Gwen Marston called Liberated Quiltmaking

And there it is, my first attempt at Liberated Baskets. The technique was taken from the book 'Liberated Quiltmaking II' by Gwen Marston. I just love the book and the way she talks about quilts. For this one I made the 15 baskets using recycled shirts for the background. I also used the 'liberated square-within-a-square' block to make the border (again using a shirt to make the background).

I have now bought a little bias maker that I am going to try out for the handles but for this quilt I just followed the instructions in the book and cut them by hand. I think the handles are the trickiest bit but they get easier the more you do.

p.s. thank you to Jolene over at Blue Elephant Stitches for the inspiration to make this quilt after she posted about the book last year.

Sneeky peek-more later

Finally, just a sneaky peek of something else I've been working on in a liberated way, but it's a present so I will have to show you later!


No comments: