Monday 30 January 2012

Stairway to the top of the ash tree.


It is a bit wet here and the cloud cover is making photos of sewing a bit tricky.

raindrops on the hedge

The liberated baskets are finished but will get a proper picture when the sun comes out..

Liberated baskets finished but I need some light to get a good picture

I just love these 'stairs' created at the weekend in the ash tree...

Great steps

I don't suppose the carpenter's dad would be too pleased to see where he left the hammer out in the rain though!!

Hammer left in the tree!

I have had to recover the neck cushion I made last year as it was worn out from so much use..

Neck pillow from pattern from Sewing Green by Betz White

Pattern from Sewing Green by Betz White.
This time I made the reverse from some thicker linen mix in anticipation of all the wear. I also used a straight stretch stitch around the inner curve to reinforce it.

Neck pillow from pattern from Sewing Green by Betz White


After some deliberation and a bit of help from my Mum (thanks Mum!), I have exchanged my Janome for a different model, and am very very very pleased.
The new one is a top loader (probably not the technical term) and is smoother and quieter which is a big bonus when you like to sew late into the night and have neighbours. It also has a speed control switch on the foot pedal.

The new machine mark 2-thanks Mum!

I'm off to try it out some more.

No comments: