Friday 30 September 2011

Heat Waves and Hot Water Bottles!

Obviously if you want the sky to look like this..

Blue sky

you need to make some of these!!
Hot water bottle covers

I decided to recycle some old pyjamas to make some hot water bottle covers ready for the winter. I have been saving the dinosaur ones for a couple of years now as they were a favourite and I wanted to recycle them in some way. The covers aren't particularly pretty but they are functional. I basically just made a quilt sandwich with pyjama, blanket and cotton lining, which I quilted together. Then I sewed them up and attached a button at the top.

The bee

(Notice the lovely bee that tried to get in on the action!)

Hot water bottle covers

Hot water bottle covers 

Maybe I'll make some more in the hope that the sunshine stays.

No comments: