Saturday, 9 July 2011

A tricky messenger bag and my first sweet peas..

Messenger bag

I have made my third messenger bag from this brilliant tutorial over at mmmcrafts.
The first two I followed to the letter and they worked beautifully, but I decided that I would make this one just slightly smaller and that was my first mistake!

bag back
The pocket on the back is a bit low but it will do.
I then decided to reinforce the strap with iron on interfacing and when I had sewn it up into a tube I couldn't for the life of me get it the right way out and ended up unpicking (my least favourite thing) it and sewing it with right sides out- what a palaver!
bag lining
I was pleased with the lining made from a recycled shirt and the outside corduroy was also recycled from a pair of trousers.
Must dash, I am now off to be a taxi!!

No comments: