Saturday 23 September 2017

Eclectic Blue

True blue cushion
 
Just finished and now hoping to get it in the post ASAP.
As I said the cushion is for my niece and the colour was based on a quillow made for her by my Mum. I cheekily asked for the leftovers and set to work adding in scraps of linen from my stash. Linen is a favourite for making clothes and there are always bits left over from cutting out patterns so I have quite a collection and luckily much of it is blue!

After piecing together the front, I quilted it onto a piece of cotton wadding.
There was no great plan so it was very much make it up as you go along...  

WIP
 
As the nights are drawing in, the machine quilting was mainly done in artificial light 

WIP
 
but I managed to find some daylight hours to add in some hand quilting..

True blue cushion
 
Can't believe the cheek of this little fellow who decided to take a look! 

True blue cushion
 
The blue shirt used for the reverse of the cushion actually came from my brother..her Dad.. 

True blue cushion

  So all in all it was a bit of an eclectic mix,
with a big dash of love and good luck wishes in there too.
xx
 
True blue cushion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is among the most vital information for me.

And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The website style is great,
the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers