Thursday 23 February 2017

Another very blustery day

WIP 

My Moorland Blanket is coming along slowly and I am now on part 3.

I lam loving the pinky purpley heather colours
and they go rather nicely with this little patch of wild cyclamen in the garden don't you think?
 
WIP

The wavy pattern of this blanket produces a lovely dense feel to it which is nice and warm to sit under on these cold evenings. I can't wait to see what Lucy does for the edging because that is often my favourite bit.
 
I have also been finishing up this quilt, started a while ago now and blogged here.
 
Quilt
 
The background is made up of 10" squares of recycled shirt fabrics.
The applique design was very much inspired by the quilt called Summer Chelsea by Pauline Smith in the book Kaffe Quilts Again. I have added some felt circles to the centre of some of the flowers and used embroidery to embellish them. The leaves are also felt.
 
Quilt
 

I really like the simplicity of Pauline's flower design and also the stripy stems.
 
Quilt
 
It is very blustery here today with lots of clouds scooting through at regular intervals,
so I am afraid the photos aren't great but at least I had a helper
to hold it up when it kept blowing off the hedge! 

Patchwork key fob or just a very small lavender bag!
 
And finally two little patchwork key fobs or mini lavender bags (just two and a half inch squares).
My way of using up a few treasured scraps while watching a film.
I wish you could smell them too.
xx

No comments: