Saturday 11 January 2014

Bitesized crafting!

My daughter was on BBC Bitesize looking something up this week and I thought that it was a good description of my sewing and crochet at the moment.
Not much time, so small projects that can be finished quickly - bitesized crafting.

I received a lovely present of 6 balls of Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino this Christmas
 (thanks Mum!).





The possibilities are endless.
So far I have made a pair of fingerless gloves..
 


I have made some of these before and they are based on the idea by Lucy at Attic 24.
(Blowed if I can actually find the gloves over there, sorry!)
 
Basically just two rectangles sewn  up the sides leaving a gap for the thumbs.
Thumb hole edged with double crochet.
This time I put some scalloped edging around the wrist end that has the added benefit of making it a bit more stretchy around your arm.
 
And now I've started a granny square that I think will be a cushion..
 


And my final bit of bitesized crafting is a lavender bag that I have made for my stinky car.
 


I think it's a combination of wet dog and a back window that was left open,
 but anyway it needs a bit of lavender!

Hope you have a good weekend.

No comments: