Monday 6 January 2014

A Wild Flower Pincushion




I have been wanting to make one of these for a while.
It's a pattern by Anna Maria Horner and there are a few photos on flickr.
The pattern is free but you have to register with Better Homes and Gardens in order to get access.
 I asked for just a monthly craft update and haven't had loads of rubbish sent through so far.
 
The pattern is simple to cut out, a bit fiddly to sew together around the top, but definitely worth it I think.
 


It is such a satisfying shape, a bit like a mini pumpkin but with petals.



I meant to take a picture on my hand to show you how big it is but forgot.
It is bigger than I thought it was going to be, about 7 inches across.
It just about sits on my open hand.




The fabric is from a selection of Rowan fabrics that I found in the sale.
I have 8 fat quarters so you will be seeing them again!


No comments: