Saturday 16 February 2013

WIP Cartwheels

WIP- cartwheels
 
I managed to do a few more cartwheels yesterday (the fabric type, have never been able to do the others properly!) and I think I've got enough for the quilt top now.

As mentioned before, the tutorial I followed for these is by Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts.

WIP- cartwheels
 
They have been alot of fun to make and one of those projects, a bit like the baskets, in that you can make one or two little cartwheels and feel like you have achieved something.
The shirts have worked well for the background.
The cartwheels are a combination of plains and Rowan fabrics (Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Malby I think).
 
The strip down the side is going to be along the top and bottom eventually.

WIP- cartwheels
 Getting the cartwheels the right way round was a bit of a challenge for my limited brain at times, but as usual, I like that it's not quite perfect!

No comments: