Wednesday 1 November 2017

Burgandy Skirt

Wine skirt
 
Finished this one last week.
It's a simple A line skirt made from some thick burgundy linen
which was in the remnant bucket in the lovely Stone Fabrics.
It was a close shave getting the pattern out of the odd shaped remnants
and I had a seam centre front and back to make it fit.
Since the Hadley Top I am a fan of top stitched seams and used them here to finish the centre seams.

Wine skirt
 
This isn't really a great picture of the skirt as it doesn't do justice to the colour somehow
but you get the gist.

Skirt facing
 
And just take a peep at the facing which I edged with some spare liberty bias
left over from another project. I love it when a little piece of leftovers
 is a perfect match for what you need.

Scabious
 
Also just had to share these beautiful Scabious flowers 
which I got from a local roadside stall this afternoon and couldn't resist.

No comments: