Monday 15 July 2013

Cartwheels on the beach

Cartwheels in a flower bed- edging on the beach
 
I started this quilt way back in January and as usual it has taken me forever to finish it.
I blogged about the nearly finished top here.
I couldn't work out what to edge it with but eventually opted for
Full Moon Lagoon (brilliant name!) by mo bedell
which I found in Soft Touch Needlecrafts in Tavistock.
 
So this weekend, while sitting on the beach, I was able to hand sew down the binding and finally finish it off.
 
Cartwheels in a flower bed

The blocks were made using a lovely tutorial by Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts.
I used a mixture of Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably fabrics as well as some plains for the cartwheels and recycled shirts for the background.
I used an old blanket for the batting and backed it with a recycled flannelette sheet because they are so soft to wrap around you.
It is machine quilted around the edge of the background recatangles, if that makes sense.
 
Off to enjoy this sunshine!
 

No comments: