Thursday 19 May 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Purple quilt by Textile-tally
This is one of the quilts that I mentioned in my last but one post that took me months to finish. It was made from a jelly roll given to me by my Mum. I just loved playing around with all the strips of colour and I particularly like this photo because of the way the fennel heads highlight the golden strips in the quilt. It is backed with a recycled flannelette sheet kindly donated by my husband's Mum. I know that probably isn't strictly the right thing to back it with but those are the quilts we all want in this house when it gets cold as they are the cosiest ones to cuddle up under!
I am going to try and link this to the Blogger's Quilt Festival which you should definitely take a look at as it's fab.

1 comment:

stitchinpenny said...

I love sewing together a selection of 4 jelly roll strip lengths, cutting it in 5 8.5 inch squares and trying to figure out what to do to make a quilt. Love what you did here. Great.